17 Questions To Ask Your Wedding Drinks Vendor
As you consider working with a drinks vendor for your wedding, there are a few key questions you should ask to ensure that you are making the right decision for your event.
These questions can help you understand the vendor’s products and services, pricing, and support offerings, as well as any other important details.
Some questions you may want to ask include:
1. The number of waiters that they will be coming with?
2. What they will be wearing? Whether it will be branded outfits or not?
Note: It is important that the outfits are branded, because in Nigeria many uneanted guests may disguise as waiters for the day just to gain access into the venue.
3. You would also like to know the capacity of event that they can handle, especially if it is a big wedding.
ON THE SERVIVES THAT THEY OFFER
4. You may want to know what services they offer and if they can handle some other uncommon services. For instance, you want to know if they will be handling the buying of the drinks as well as the chilling and serving of the drinks
5. What types of drinks do you offer? It is important to ensure that the vendor has the types of drinks that you and your customers are interested in.
6. How they source for their products? Make sure that the vendor sources their products from reputable suppliers and not purchasing fake drinks, just to save money
7. You may also want to know if they offer customization options? If you want to offer a unique selection of drinks, it can be helpful to work with a vendor who is able to customize their products to your specifications.
8. You may also want to know what other options are available. For instance, if you as the client can buy the drinks instead and bring to the venue for them to chill the drinks and serve the drinks.
Wedding TIP:Some clients opt for the second option in a bid to save some money off the service fees and logistics expenses. So they either ask a friend or family member to help out with the buying of the drinks.
PAYMENT, DEPOSITS AND CANCELLATION POLICIES
9. You will also want to know how much they would be charging for whatever service that they will be offering.
10. It is important to ask what deposit they require for your date to be booked with them.
11. You will definitely want to know what their cancellation policies are. Like during Covid, many weddings were called off. What happens if your wedding is called off or for some reason you dont want to engage their services anymore?
You can also read: Nigerian wedding catering: all you need to know
12. What is your return policy? Make sure to understand the vendor’s return policy in case you need to return any drink products that you didn’t get to use.
13. You also want to know what will happen to your remaining drinks, if they would be handed over to you or the client as the case may be or if there are other policies you should be aware of.
ON THEIR MORAL VALUES
Ensuring that their waiters don’t have a habit of harrassing guests for money before serving them special drinks.
Note: It is a common practice at Nigerian weddings and events for some waiters to harrass guests for monetary gains, before certain drinks are served to tables. They also collect tips from guests at a table and then take all the special and expensive drinks meant for other VIP tables to the guests at the table where they have been given tips.
14 You also want to know if they would be an on-site manager to tend to the way the drinks are being handled and served.
15. You may also want to know what will happen to left over drinks from your event? Will the money be refunded or will the drinks be handed over to the client after the event is over?
ON TIMING AND DELIVERY
16. You will want to know what time your drinks will be ariving at the venue and when the chilling process will start
17. You will also want to know what time the drinks will be coming because you would want your planner to take an inventory of the number of drinks brought to the venue and to be sure that all the drinks you paid for is complete.
By asking these questions, you can get a better sense of the vendor’s capabilities and how they can help you succeed in having a hitch-free wedding.
Ultimately, choosing the right vendor can be a key factor in the success of your wedding, so it is worth taking the time to do your research and ask the right questions.
You Know I Love You
X.O.X.O Your Affordable Wedding Planner In Nigeria
Olamide~ The Heiress
La’ Heiress Weddings
Our readers also love: 33 questions to ask your wedding venue before booking